Welcome to our 2020 Fall Fun Guide sponsored by Duvall Family Dental and The Goddard School of Monroe. This guide will direct you to the local pumpkin patches, local fall festivals, Halloween events, and even give you great ideas for fall recipes and crafts. I will be updating this list with more events over the next few months so make sure to check back often so you don’t miss out! I also do my best to check the events for accuracy before posting them but things can and do change so please verify the information before you head out. I have included the links to the businesses to make it easier for you!
First, I would like to thank Duvall Family Dental and The Goddard School of Monroe for sponsoring this guide! They help make it possible for this guide to be written and published; helping you to find your family fun!
Dr. Jessica Chen and her long standing team of locals have been providing the families of Duvall and neighboring areas with caring and conservative comprehensive family dentistry for the last 8 years. With a focus on the health, function and beauty of each smile she treats, Dr. Chen is committed to providing your family with the most gentle, up-to-date care in a comfortable atmosphere. Dr. Chen and her team are attentive to the desires and needs of her patients, and are dedicated to giving your family the most rewarding dental experience possible. It is an honor that Duvall Family Dental has been voted “Best Family Dentist” for the past 3 years and Dr. Chen has been awarded with the Seattle Met “Top Dentist” award for 2019 and 2020.
The Goddard School®, a nationally acclaimed early childhood education franchise, is coming to Monroe, WA. As a dad with entrepreneurial drive, Haresh Khatwani, on-site owner of the School, saw a need in the Monroe community for a high-quality early childhood education program that provides a play-based learning experience in a nurturing environment. “Our goal is to create a sense of purpose for myself, my family and know that I opened a business to help play a role in the social and academic success of children,” Haresh said.
Local Pumpkin Patches
October means pumpkin season is here and the Cherry Valley area rocks harvest season in the Northwest! No driving for you – some of the best pumpkin patches and farms around are within minutes. Be sure to dress for the conditions and bring cash or check – most farms cannot accept credit cards. All the farms listed are free to enter and pick pumpkins. The farm activities are an extra cost, please check their websites for prices.
- Remlinger Farms (Carnation) -Remlinger Farms Fall Harvest Pumpkin Festival runs for five consecutive weekends with one EXTRA BONUS DAY this year - Halloween day. With more rides, entertainment, feel good food and of course our great big U-Pick Pumpkin fields you'll make a memory to last a lifetime. Starting September 26th and 27th, then the weekends of October 3rd and 4th, 10th and 11th, 17th and 18th, and finally concluding the last full weekend of the 24th and 25th, with a BONUS DAY on the 31st. Come to the Farm and celebrate, and don't forget your boots for picking in the fields!
- Oxbow Farm & Education Center (Carnation): Celebrate the Oxtober Pumpkin Festival! At Oxbow Farm! Festival hours at Saturday and Sunday 10-4, starting October 3rd.
- Jubilee Farm (Carnation): Open every weekend in October 10am-5pm.Plenty of activities including tractor rides to the pumpkin and gourd fields, visit farm animals, hay maze, cooking demos, and pumpkin launching on the home-made trebuchet!
- Two Brothers Pumpkin Patch (Carnation): This low-key, family owned farm has been in operation for over 25 years and features a great selection of pumpkins, gourds, ornamental corn stalks and mini hay bales for decorating at home! Open daily from September 26th through the 31st, 9:30am – 6pm.
- First Light Farm (Carnation): Stroll through the fields to get your Jack-o-Lanterns and browse the farm stand for other goodies! Open every weekend in October 10-4.
- Bob’s Corn & Pumpkin Patch (Snohomish): Country store, reservable fire pits and a spook-free corn maze. Now open through October 31st, 10-Dark. Admission price varies, see website for more information.
- Muddy Boots Pumpkins & Corn Maze (Duvall): Day and night corn mazes, fire pits, and of course pumpkins! Beginning September 25th Muddy Boots will be open daily from 10AM - Dark, Fridays and Saturdays until 10PM.
- How to roast a pumpkin
- Pumpkin Chili
- Pumpkin Bread
- Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Apple Cider Floats
- Apple Nachos
- Four Kooky Halloween Recipes
- Leaf Globes
- Leaf Candle Jar
- Fall Tree Sun Catcher
- No Carve Pumpkin Decorating
- Rolled Paper Pumpkins
- DIY Fall Bunting: An Easy Way to Add Seasonal Color to Your Home
Halloween Events & Trick or Treat locations
(I will be updating this portion as more events come in for 2020, please check back often)
Trunk or Treat at Dreadnaught Brewing Company | 5-8pm
Trick or Treat at Snohomish Valley Golf Club | 3-8pm
October 31st :
Downtown Trick or Treat in Downtown Monroe | 3-6pm
Trunk or Treat at The Church at Maltby | 3-5pm
Harvest Carnival 2020 at Park Ridge Community Church | 5-8pm
Remlinger Farms Fall Harvest Festival at Remlinger Farms | 10am-6pm
Parade of Costumes in Downtown Carnation | 1:30-3pm
BCUMC Drive-Thru Trick or Treat at Bear Creek United Methodist Church | 4-6pm
Trick or Treat at SVGC at Snohomish Valley Golf Club | 12-4pm
- Fall Scavenger Hunt and Craft
- 10 Ideas for Halloween Fun in COVID Times
- Boo! Here are 9 Halloween Books Your Kids Will Love
- Best Halloween Movies for Kids, Tweens, & Teens
- A Hands-On Search for Halloween Treats
- Halloween Seek and Find Sensory Bin
Did you love this guide and want more? Subscribe to our FREE newsletter and get emailed every Thursday about all the great family friendly events in the area! If you have an event you would like see added please feel free to email the information to email@example.com
Keep finding your family fun -