Welcome to our 2021 Fall Fun Guide sponsored by Duvall Family Dental and The Goddard School of Monroe. This guide will direct you to the local pumpkin patches, local fall festivals, Halloween events, and even give you great ideas for fall recipes and crafts. I will be updating this list with more events over the next few months so make sure to check back often so you don’t miss out! I also do my best to check the events for accuracy before posting them but things can and do change so please verify the information before you head out. I have included the links to the businesses to make it easier for you!
First, I would like to thank Duvall Family Dental and The Goddard School of Monroe for sponsoring this guide! They help make it possible for this guide to be written and published; helping you to find your family fun!
Dr. Jessica Chen and her long standing team of locals have been providing the families of Duvall and neighboring areas with caring and conservative comprehensive family dentistry for the last 8 years. With a focus on the health, function and beauty of each smile she treats, Dr. Chen is committed to providing your family with the most gentle, up-to-date care in a comfortable atmosphere. Dr. Chen and her team are attentive to the desires and needs of her patients, and are dedicated to giving your family the most rewarding dental experience possible. It is an honor that Duvall Family Dental has been voted “Best Family Dentist” for the past 3 years and Dr. Chen has been awarded with the Seattle Met “Top Dentist” award for 2019 and 2020.
The Goddard School®, a nationally acclaimed early childhood education franchise, is coming to Monroe, WA. As a dad with entrepreneurial drive, Haresh Khatwani, on-site owner of the School, saw a need in the Monroe community for a high-quality early childhood education program that provides a play-based learning experience in a nurturing environment. “Our goal is to create a sense of purpose for myself, my family and know that I opened a business to help play a role in the social and academic success of children,” Haresh said.
Local Pumpkin Patches
October means pumpkin season is here and the Cherry Valley area rocks harvest season in the Northwest! No driving for you – some of the best pumpkin patches and farms around are within minutes. Be sure to dress for the conditions and bring cash or check – most farms cannot accept credit cards. All the farms listed are free to enter and pick pumpkins. The farm activities are an extra cost, please check their websites for prices.
- Remlinger Farms (Carnation) -Remlinger Farms is now open on weekends until Halloween - with ALL NEW *PRE-FESTIVAL DAYS on Thursdays & Fridays! (9/16, 9/17 & 9/23, 9/24). Don't miss out on our Fall Harvest Pumpkin Festival starting 9/25!
* These Pre-Festival Days on 9/16 & 9/23,9/24 cost just $14.95, and although they do offer shorter hours, (from 10:30a to 2:30p), they offer a glimpse into all the decorations and preparations for our Fall Festival!
- Oxbow Farm & Education Center (Carnation): Celebrate the Oxtober Pumpkin Festival! At Oxbow Farm! October 2-24
Saturdays and Sundays 10am-4pm
- Jubilee Farm (Carnation): Open every weekend in October 10am-5pm.Plenty of activities including tractor rides to the pumpkin and gourd fields, visit farm animals, hay maze, cooking demos, and pumpkin launching on the home-made trebuchet!
- Two Brothers Pumpkin Patch (Carnation): This low-key, family owned farm has been in operation for over 25 years and features a great selection of pumpkins, gourds, ornamental corn stalks and mini hay bales for decorating at home! Open daily from September 26th through the 31st, 9:30am – 6pm.
- First Light Farm (Carnation): Stroll through the fields to get your Jack-o-Lanterns and browse the farm stand for other goodies! First Light Farm's annual Fall Family Festival starts Sunday, Sept 26th and then every weekend through October 16/17.
- Bob’s Corn & Pumpkin Patch (Snohomish): Country store, fire pits and a spook-free corn maze. Open everyday, September 18th-October 31st,10-Dark. Admission price varies, see website for more information.
- Muddy Boots Pumpkins & Corn Maze (Duvall): Day and night corn mazes, fire pits, and of course pumpkins! Sept 24th-Oct31st 2021, open every day at 10am til dark, Friday & Saturday Nights til 10pm.
Apple Picking -
Swan Trails Farm - The apple orchard is opening September 18th for the 2021 season. Swans Trail Farms offers a 5 acres of delicious Honeycrisp and Jonagold apples. Our Pick-Your-Own orchard lets you walk among the trees to select your apples just the way you like them. HOURS: M-SUN 10-6PM
Skipley Farms - Come out to Skipley Farm for organic apples. They feature over 220 varieties that are safe to eat right off the tree. With 6 ft apple trees, even your little ones will be able to reach and help pick. Visit the rabbits, chickens, ducks and goats and take a tour of the farm. Open 9 am to 6 pm Tue-Sat, Sunday 11-6, closed Mondays.
Bailey Family Farm - U-Pick Honeycrisp apples will open around Sept. 10th. Open Daily 8:00-6:00
- How to roast a pumpkin
- Pumpkin Chili
- Pumpkin Bread
- Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Apple Cider Floats
- Apple Nachos
- Four Kooky Halloween Recipes
- Cookie Dough Graveyard a Spookalicious Halloween Treat
- Leaf Globes
- Leaf Candle Jar
- Fall Tree Sun Catcher
- No Carve Pumpkin Decorating
- Rolled Paper Pumpkins
- DIY Fall Bunting: An Easy Way to Add Seasonal Color to Your Home
- 6 Easy Halloween Crafts & Activities For Your Kids
- 3 Fun Ideas to Make a Halloween Face Mask For Your Kids
- 8 Ideas to Decorate Wagons, Wheelchairs, & Strollers This Halloween
Halloween Events & Trick or Treat locations
10/31 - Monroe Downtown Trick or Treat 3:00-6:00PM
Happy Halloween!! The Monroe Chamber of Commerce is so proud to present our annual Downtown Trick or Treat meet!
This event is intended to allow our little ones the opportunity to safely and responsibly trick or treat.
***It's time to get creative!!!
We will be having a costume contest!!
Voting will be on the Choose Monroe Facebook page.
10/31 - Sultan Trunk or Treat - 5:00-7:00PM
100 Block Main Street
Food, Fun Games, and Candy
- Fall Scavenger Hunt and Craft
- 10 Ideas for Halloween Fun in COVID Times
- Boo! Here are 9 Halloween Books Your Kids Will Love
- Best Halloween Movies for Kids, Tweens, & Teens
- A Hands-On Search for Halloween Treats
- Halloween Seek and Find Sensory Bin
Did you love this guide and want more? Subscribe to our FREE newsletter and get emailed every Thursday about all the great family friendly events in the area! If you have an event you would like see added please feel free to email the information to email@example.com
Keep finding your family fun -